Two beautiful videos tonight. They should make you well up with emotion because they are that poignant.
1) Welcome Home Solider: A young man serving his country in Kuwait surprises his father-in-law with a surprise visit. The bulky, grown man is overcome with emotion.
2) Kids With Cancer: The children at Seattle Children’s Hospital make an inspirational video against cancer. It’s set to Kelly Clarkson’s anthem “Stronger.” Whatever you think is going wrong in your life, keep it in perspective. These kids, battling one of the hardest things a person can battle, are staying strong through love and courage. That’s an inspiration to us all.
Sometimes kids do the darndest things.
1) Baby’s First Swear Word: This little kid must have been around a potty mouth parent. She learned a colorful word really quickly.
2) Children Using the Internet Earlier: 80 percent of all children between the ages of 0 and 5 use the internet on a weekly basis. Between the ages of 0 and 3, 47% of technology use occurs in front of a television. With that in mind, 60 percent of children under age 3 watch videos online. Kids are also multitasking, using the internet and the TV simultaneously. You know, because they have to live-blog their favorite episodes of “Dora the Explorer” from their smartphones.
3) World’s Youngest Alcoholic at Age 3: A British child has been treated for symptoms of alcohol dependency at a local hospital. What’s truly horrifying is that the child is 3. Doctors believe the baby was given alcohol on a regular basis for at least 6 months. Alcoholism remains a huge problem in the UK.