If you’re running for political office, you should never dance. Unless you’re Barack Obama and really good at busting a move. David Weprin is not Barack Obama. He’s running for disgraced Congressman Anthony Weiner‘s seat in the heavily Democratic 9th district of New York. And he’s losing to Republican Bob Turner by six points, as the race enters its final days! This was supposed to be a slam dunk and Weprin’s blowing it (stupid TV ads aren’t helping his case). Then, video of Weprin dancing appeared online today. The kiss of death! It’s bad, really bad.
Politicians have had this happen before. It hasn’t been pretty. Here are some of the worst.
1. Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen (D)
2. Vice President-elect Al Gore (D)
3. President George W. Bush (R)
4. President Barack Obama (D): Snoop Dogg is always a bad idea for politicians.
5. Russian Prime Minister Boris Yeltsin
6. DC Mayor Vince Gray (D) and others: Mayor for life Marion Barry looks like he just came from baseball practice.
7. Ex-DC Mayor Marion Barry (D):
8. Al Sharpton (D):
9. Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein:
10. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ):
Bonus: Oregon Legislature (Yes, this bipartisan effort “rick rolls” the legislative process )
Bonus: Australian Representative Mary Jo Fisher