1) Run Away: After radical Islamists called for her death, one cartoonist flees into witness protection. The FBI recommended it.
2) Foxy Knoxy Unplugged: A fellow inmate with convicted murderess Amanda Knox will write a book about the young American and her time in the Italian jail system. The writer: a Brazilian lady in jail for drug crimes.
3) Glee!: It’s coming (soon). A cover of Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind”
4) New Form of Self-Service: A wine dispenser that lets you fill up in the supermarket. In my mind, a good idea.
7) Shocking Upset in Delaware: Christine O’Donnell won the Republican Senate nomination in Delaware yesterday. Past crusades have tried to fight masturbation and included an appearance on “Politically Incorrect.” Now, national GOP personnel, including Karl Rove, have abandoned her. Her defeated opponent, Mike Castle, refuses to endorse her and new polls show a huge shift against Republicans in the race. My favorite quote on the race:
I could buy a parrot and train it to say, ‘tax cuts,’ but at the end of the day, it’s still a parrot, not a conservative— Tom Ross, head of the Delaware Republican Party
8) Corn Sugars: Apparently, corn refiners think High Fructose Corn Syrup has a bad reputation.