An eagle-eyed Reddit user posted this picture earlier this week. It shows Mountain Dew A.M., a new beverage choice consisting of half Mountain Dew and half orange juice. Thankfully, it’s only served until 11 a.m. Coming soon to a Taco Bell by you!
Cause otherwise that would be disgusting.
I wish this was a joke, but a company spokesman confirmed the rollout in Southern California to Fox News. “”Our customers love Mountain Dew and it’s one of our most popular beverages, so we are testing Mtn Dew AM in Fresno and Southern California as the latest innovation to our FirstMeal Menu. We’re pleased with the initial reaction from our customers, and if it does well, we’ll roll it out to all our restaurants that serve breakfast,” Rob Poetsch, Taco Bell spokesman, said in an email.
More than 32 percent of Americans could be obese by 2030, with 11 percent severely obese (more than 100 pounds over a healthy weight).
Thankfully, we still have the freedom to drink what we want.
An earworm called “Call Me Maybe” has swept the United States over the past couple of months (major points to Gawker for TOTALLY calling it). The song is, pretty much, the definition of the perfect pop song and its success proves it. Carly Rae Jepsen, the singer of this ballad, is nearly ten years older than fellow Canadian Justin Bieber, but the Biebs spotted her first.
Anyways, the song is pretty awesome and has spurred an unending supply of parody/lip sync/ weird cover versions. Here are the five best.
1) Bieber and Believers: Justin Bieber and his girlfriend, Selena Gomez, apparently had a pretty wild night with some fellow tween stars. They capped it off with this amazing, low quality cover that prompted everything else to be done.
2) Katy Perry: In what has to be the oddest collection of friends ever, Katy Perry sings (and provides hilarious commentary) to the infectious song. Look out for Zooey Deschanel too (apparently she’s famous?).
3) Violin Cover: Don’t know why, but this is kind of fun.
4) Harvard Baseball and Every Other Sports Team Ever: This video now has around 1/8 of the total views of the real video. A bunch of guys from the Harvard baseball team were clearly bored, and prompted EVERY SPORTS TEAM IN THE COUNTRY to record one of these videos.
5) Staples Center Crew: I flag this one because it’s the perfect use of social media to raise awareness of your brand. It’s something fun for the staff that utilizes something everyone is talking about. Oh, and cheerleaders, if that’s your thing.
Police in Boxford, Massachusetts had to respond to a truly bizarre call the other evening. The town’s police received a call around 9 p.m. on a Sunday evening, reporting that six cows were loose on the Main Street of the town of 8,000.
Officers responded and tracked the cows for a while, but then the herd of six made a mad dash away from the cops. They stumbled upon a gathering of 12 to 13 teenage girls who had been enjoying their Sunday evening with drinking games in a backyard.
The cows crashed the party and began drinking some of the beer. The girls were startled.
“I saw one cow drinking the beer on its way down as it spilled off the table,” Lt. James Riter told WickedLocal Boxford (who has a photo). “Some of the cows were also picking through the empties in the recycling bin. They just went in and helped themselves.”
Apparently, the cows didn’t want to leave.
“Because the cows were having such a good time at the [party] house, it was hard to get them to leave,” area resident Peter Perkins said. “Once we got them started, there was a lot of hollering and yelling to keep them moving. We had a cruiser positioned at the front and back of the cows.”
Two beautiful videos tonight. They should make you well up with emotion because they are that poignant.
1) Welcome Home Solider: A young man serving his country in Kuwait surprises his father-in-law with a surprise visit. The bulky, grown man is overcome with emotion.
2) Kids With Cancer: The children at Seattle Children’s Hospital make an inspirational video against cancer. It’s set to Kelly Clarkson’s anthem “Stronger.” Whatever you think is going wrong in your life, keep it in perspective. These kids, battling one of the hardest things a person can battle, are staying strong through love and courage. That’s an inspiration to us all.